Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Today

Last night I was experiencing quite a lot of abdominal pain and back pain in the night - could be because of having done too much yesterday. I went to the doctor and he sent me to the hospital lab in Maple Creek to have some testing done. Don't know the results, but he prescribed a different painkiller, for which I am eternally grateful.
One blessing in all this for me, is that now people are more likely to believe me when I tell them that I know God is good, that He cares for us personally and that He brings good out of everything. I always want people to believe me when I tell them that, and yet, if everything goes well for you all the time, it doesn't seem as though people are so likely to believe you. It makes sense that our faith has to be tested by suffering.
I don't believe that God always heals us when we have enough faith. I believe that these times are opportunities for us to choose Him and thank Him, even if we are not getting our "druthers."
Sometimes God heals people best by taking them home to Heaven.
Having said that, though, I believe that Love is requiring me to pray earnestly for my healing for the sake of Peter and the boys. I actually think I will come through this - I have good reason for hope, mostly because of all the prayers. I'm sure my wonderful doctors have been answer to somebody's prayers for me, and the success of my surgery and all the other signs of God's love.
I hope I don't sound too much like Pollyanna - I certainly wasn't sounding like Pollyanna in the night. (ask my husband) However, these blessings are good solid blessings.

3 comments:

egglady said...

Sorry to hear you've been having a painful time (and a poor sleep last night). Glad you got a different pain killer to try. God's strength shows best when we are at our weakest. Hope to see you soon...

Connie said...

Actually you sound a lot more like the Joanne I remember than Pollyanna. Good for you to see the blessing. I am very happy that you are in less pain and I am with you in praying for and expecting a complete recovery.

Raymundo said...

Your blog reminds me that it's amazing what good can come out of pain and suffering if we trust in God. Worked for Jesus and works for us.