Friday, May 26, 2006

just mostly dead

there's a mini series on EWTN this week about St. Teresa of Avila. It's always a low point of my year when they show this miniseries. I love St. Teresa. The problem is that for about a half an hour or more of the movie, she seems to be dead. You just sit and watch her lying there, with the doctor doing all sorts of experiments on her to see if she is really dead or just mostly dead. The doctor then decides that she is well and truly dead, but her dad won't allow anybody to bury her. Then in an exciting and gripping finale, she comes around and surprises everybody.
The reason I find this so difficult to watch is that it reminds me that no one has ever wanted to make a movie of anything in my life (a day in the life of a farmer's wife teaching piano lessons, etc.). They would rather watch St. Teresa lie there dead for half an hour.
It's possible that I just need a really good agent...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know...
Is she teaching piano or practicing? Is the piano real or is there a tape playing in the background? I'd pay money to see that.