Thursday, April 07, 2011

Glug, glug . . .

Our slough has overtaken our lagoon. That means we have no plumbing in our home - we have to drain the sink very slowly after washing dishes. So, for the last two weeks, we have been living at Peter's parents' house. They have been very hospitable and accommodating. I've been enjoying getting up in the mornings and visiting with them over breakfast. Can you smell the "however" coming? However, I used to think that homeschooling and cooking dinner at the same time was a challenge. Homeschooling and cooking dinner in someone else's house is infinitely worse! I'm never sure whether I should just be cooking dinner, or collaborating with our hosts' dinner plans, or expecting that they will just cook for all of us. The last seems a bit . . . hmm . . . unreasonable. At the moment, the boys and I are reading "Euthyphro" and "Ion." Diverting! Peter has borrowed more pipe from someone so that we can pump our lagoon water SOMEWHERE ELSE. Finally, the run-off seems to have slowed down so that we can make some headway, so we may not have to live in two houses for long.

1 comment:

auntie jeranne said...

This whole post is because I called my last post "Help, I'm drowning!" I think the Lord must have said, "You think you're drowning already? Just wait!"