Monday, August 21, 2006

Will somebody with an artistic bone in her body please help me?

I'm trying to construct an indoor water garden. So I have the pot and the water and the pump and so far it all just looks like a pump in a pot. Of course I have some plants around it. How do you disguise that big black cord?
What kind of plants can you plant around it to make it look like it just grew there?
I've been noticing lately how nice it is to have running water nearby. Okay I live in the Palliser Triangle. By running water, I mean a water fall or a fountain or a creek or maybe even a leaky tap. It tends to "cool off" a room and help one to relax. We are all running around here in a stressful state, trying to pretend to get something done before school starts, so some running water is definitely in order. Our yard is completely scorched brown, our trees are all turning brown and losing their leaves, and my garden looks like October. However it is still hot as blazes. I can't do much about the out-of-doors, but I thought if I could keep some water going indoors, it might be nice.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I have some water plants that I am using outside that you can have as I don't want to store them over the winter.Position them so they hide the cord.

auntie jeranne said...

Peter suggested I put some cobblestones from Cypress Park (oops! Don't tell anybody) into my pot. We went and ollectedca omesa and they look quite nice in there.

Raymundo said...

Maybe you could put some old pantyhose on the cord, it would look like you were just messy and hide the cord at the same time.