Saturday, August 16, 2008

Playing in the dirt

Give me a pile of manure and another pile of gravel and I'm entertained for weeks.
Peter brought me over a pile of manure not long ago and I've been busy spreading it wherever I take the fancy. I made a new flowerbed out front and I've been preparing a row of soil for a lilac hedge we will be planting in the fall. The day before yesterday I dug all the grass out from around our present hedges, put manure around each tree, and yesterday I set up irrigation hoses for them. Now I can sit in the kitchen and drink coffee while watering.
I also plan to set up another flower bed so that I can plant some perennials in it this fall.
As yet, Peter has not brought me a pile of gravel. oooh! I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sitting in the kitchen and drinking coffee while doing a job is a good thing.I wonder what other jobs you could do that way.....

Anne-Marie Hickey said...

You could do what mom did to us kids, make the children weed when they've been naughty. You could drink coffee while watching the kids weed?